Protecting the Environment
The Nicholl Group of Companies has a deep commitment to protecting the environment.
Our main material is ideal for recycling. We are proud to be a member of ALUPRO, responsible for a number of recycling initiatives.
Recycling our Product
- At the Nicholl Group of Companies we are proud of our environmental credentials.
- Naturally, we fulfil our obligations under The Producer Responsibility Obligation (Packaging Waste) regulations 2007. But we go much further.
- We actively support collection and recycling initiatives. We are also a member of ALUPRO, the Aluminium Packaging Recycling Organisation.
- Aluminium, our basic material, is endlessly recyclable. Its 95% recoverability leads to the conservation of natural energy resources and means that Aluminium has low legislative compliance costs.
- The result is that our foil is not only environmentally acceptable, but also a very competitive choice in the marketplace when set against competing raw materials.
The Nicholl Group of Companies' Statement on environmental issues is not only designed to meet the government legislation, but where possible, exceed the statutory requirements.
Our view is to adhere to the following:
- Make a commitment to environmental responsibility.
- Assess and monitor the general impact of their operations upon the global environment.
- Establish procedures leading to steady improvement in its Environmental performance.
- Comply with all current Environment legislation.
- Report compliance and progress to the Nicholl Group of Companies.
By implementing the above statements, we feel that the Nicholl Group of Companies can manage its business to reduce the impact of its operation on the environment which in turn, benefits staff along with the community.
The Nicholl Group of Companies aims to comply with legislation, customer, and other requirements that apply to our manufacturing and daily office activities, products and services. We are committed to preventing pollution and aim to minimise the environmental impact of our activities by;
- Adopting Environmentally-responsible policies and practices throughout our operations in so far as client and customer constraints allow.
- Maintaining and developing the Nicholl Environmental Management system in line with the Group's accreditations, setting objectives and targets, monitoring and reviewing our processes.
- Working closely with interested parties, including clients, suppliers, sub contractors, statutory authorities, and local communities.
- Committing to minimise our environmental footprint by fostering a society that reduces, reuses and recycles to support this. We aim to work closely with all our suppliers and clients who also share the Nicholl Group of Companies' vision to create Innovative Solutions to reduce source packaging, enable recovery and reuse of discarded materials and recycle waste as necessary.
- We will assist this process with Development and Innovation throughout our supplier base.
- Review the Carbon Foot Print of the Group's facilities in conjunction with Carbon Neutral, adopting the green attitude with our suppliers where beneficial.
- Continually improving environmental performance by providing the resources necessary to implement the policies including encouraging and recognising contributions from employees and clients alike. We endeavour to check our compliance with requirements and review our performance on a regular basis through internal audits.
- Supporting the development of employees and ensuring that they receive precise training appropriate to their job description in implementing this environmental policy.
Every employee within the Nicholl Group of Companies has an individual responsibility to help meet and achieve the requirements of the policy that has been set out.
Our statement and policies will be reviewed on a regular basis. Findings and new procedures will be published on the website or through Journals and newsletters.
If you know the product reference code type it here:
Full descriptions are available in each section. Click below on your desired category to find out more.